NEW Leadership Arizona
Click here to purchase your ticket for the 2013 NEW Leadership Arizona Networking Reception!
The NEW Leadership™ Experience!
The National Education for Women’s (NEW) Leadership™ Arizona summer institute is an intensive residential program designed to inspire civic engagement and encourage women’s political and public sector leadership.
This innovative program was developed in 1991 by the Center for American Women and Politics (CAWP) at Rutgers University in New Jersey to address the historic and contemporary under-representation of women in the American political process.In 2010, the University of Arizona was selected by CAWP to be a participant in the NEW Leadership™ Development Network. The Development Network currently includes 22 colleges and universities serving students in 27 states. To date, more than 4,000 college students have participated in regional NEW Leadership™ programs.
NEW Leadership™ Arizona held its debut summer institute in May of 2012 and is now planning the May 2013 conference.
Over the course of this three-day residential program, students will learn about women’s political participation, explore ideas about leadership and politics, participate in hands-on skills building workshops, and network with women in a variety of roles in the public sphere. The NEW Leadership™ curriculum is designed to:
- Teach about women’s historical and contemporary contribution to American politics and policy-making.
- Connect students with women leaders who make a difference in the public sphere.
- Help participants explore the demands of leadership in a diverse society.
- Cultivate students' leadership skills.
- Encourage students to practice leadership through action.
- Engage students in activities that will enhance their career development and expand their career opportunities.
Click here to see the program agenda for the 2013 summer institute!
Frequently Asked Questions